Children of Asia Games Alumni Union Chaired by Olympic Champion
Ms. Lilia Akhaimova, Olympic Champion in sport gymnastics at Tokyo 2020, became the chair of the Children of Asia International Sports Games Alumni Union established this year.
The Children of Asia International Committee held the first meeting of the Alumni Union in the format of an online conference. The meeting was attended by the President of the Children of Asia International Committee Mr. Vladimir Maksimov, the Vice-Presidents of the Committee Mr. Azat Myradov and Mr. Rodion Plitukhin, the Director General of the Committee Mr. Gavril Tsypandin, the Head of the International Relations Department of the Committee Ms. Sardaana Zhendrinskaya, as well as Alumni of the Children of Asia Games of different years.
At the meeting, Mr. Vladimir Maksimov welcomed the Alumni, noting that the main goal of the Union is to unite participants of the Games of different years for the sake of children's sports development:
"The foundation of the Children of Asia Games Alumni Union is another step forward in development of children's sport. This Union will work for the benefit of our future athletes, create favorable conditions for their development and support. Your experience and knowledge that you have gained during your participation in Children of Asia Games and subsequent competitions will be a valuable contribution to the work of the Alumni Union".
The collegial body of the Alumni Union will be the Council which consists of the Chair, Secretary, and 8 members of the Union. During the first meeting the voting took place, whereby unanimous decision Ms. Lilia Akhaimova, a champion of the 4th Children of Asia Games, Olympic Champion in sport gymnastics, was elected as the Chair of the Council. Mr. Alexander Bugaev, an Alumnus of the 1st Children of Asia Games and First Deputy Minister of Sports of the Sakha Republic Yakutia, Russia, was also elected the Secretary of the Council.
"The idea to unite alumni of the Children of Asia Games has great prospects, and it is a great honor for me to lead such a large alumni union as a chair. I express great faith and hope that by joint efforts through common projects we will be able to contribute to promotion of a healthy lifestyle and support of children's sports, to help and guide young athletes.
The Children of Asia International Sports Games are not just a celebration of sports, but also a big step in establishing international cooperation," said Ms. Lilia Akhaimova, Chair of the Children of Asia Games Alumni Union.
The Children of Asia Games Alumni Union will create new programs and projects for development of children's sport in Asian countries, for the purpose of educational activities to promote the principles of the Olympic Movement and the history of the Games. Establishment of the Alumni Union also promotes development of project and educational activities, development of forms of sportsmanship enhancement, and consideration of socially significant projects in the field of children's sports support.
We remind that all athletes who took part in the Games of different years, regardless of their citizenship, gender, and age, can participate in Children of Asia Games Alumni Union if they wish. To do this, it is necessary to send an application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children of Asia Games Alumni Council consists of the following members:
- Ms. Lilia Akhaimova (Russia), sport gymnastics, a participant of the 4th Children of Asia Games, champion of Olympic Games in Tokyo, two-time silver medalist of the World Championship, Champion of Europe.
- Mr. Alexander Bugaev (Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia), track and field athletics, a participant of the 1st Children of Asia Games, First Deputy Minister of Physical Culture and Sports of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia);
- Mr. Hayk Babayan (Armenia), shooting, a participant of the 6-th Children of Asia Games, participant of the 3rd Youth Olympic Games 2018;
- Ms. Maria Rowan (India), kurash, a participant of 7th Children of Asia Games, National Combat Ju Jitsu gold medalist, 3time CBSE Judo South Zone National gold medalist;
- Ms. Pannapa Harnsujin (Thailand), taekwondo, a participant the 5th Children of Asia Games, World Champion 2019, medalist of Asian Games 2018, 2019;
- Mr. Ali Salem Al Ali (Kuwait), speed skating, a participant of the 2nd Winter Children of Asia Games;
- Mr. Yuri Krakovetsky (Kyrgyzstan), judo, a participant of the 4th Children of Asia Games, participant of the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro and London, silver medalist of Asian Championships 2015;
- Mr. Merey Akshalov (Kazakhstan), boxing, a participant of the 3rd Children of Asia Games, participant of the Olympic Games in Beijing, World Champion 2013, Champion of Asia 2004, 2013;
- Ms. Zhamila Bakbergenova (Kazakhstan), freestyle wrestling, a participant of the 5th Children of Asia International Sports Games, a silver medalist of World Championships 2021, 2022, a champion and prizewinner of Asian championships 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, Best athlete of Kazakhstan 2022, Best women-wrestler of Asia 2022 by UWW.
- Mrs. Sofia Nadyrshina (Russia), snowboarding, a participant of the 1st Winter Children of Asia Games, winner and medalist of the 2021 World Championship, 6-time junior world champion.